Meet Your Warrior Orthodontist
Dr. Christine Abenoja graduated at the top of her class from the University of Connecticut School Of Dental Medicine in 2005.
During her time there she was elected to membership in OKU, a dental honor society, and received numerous awards including the prestigious American College of Dentists Award.
Dr. Abenoja completed her specialty training at the University of Alabama in Birmingham and received her Master’s of Science degree in Orthodontics in 2008.
Why an Orthodontist in Warrior?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Abenoja continued her formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Abenoja has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Warrior Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Warrior orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Warrior orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Warrior Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Warrior AL area.